Saturday 14 April 2012

Encouraging Feedback on Abiraterone

Hello all,
I am very happy to inform you all that today my father got his test back after 15 days using abiraterone and no predisone.
His initial PSA was 20.8 on 16th of January and today test show PSA of 5 !!!
His blood test show no significant change and all levels are withing normal range that is what the doctors said.
I had to share this news with you all.

Thanks
I just returned from a wonderful weekend with my father, he is doing great, his PSA is now down to 0.3 after being on zytiga for 2 months. With no problems related to liver function..... His last visit with the doctor was last week and the doctor's comment was that the resuts couldnot be better.
So i hope that the new treatment gives you great results, and please if you have any questions in specific i could ask my dad to answer them for you!
Hello
My father has a long journey with PC he was diagnosed in July 2004, and since then he had the RP with pathology 4+3 GS and pT3a G2 M0 N0 with post op. PSA of 0.82 and had salvage radiation ....... and was on hormone therapy Eligard + Casodex until that was no longer working than he started chemo in october 2009
1.October 2009 (Docetaxol + predisolone) 4
infusions 3 weeks a part ( PSA at beginning of
chemo 5.2 and drops till 0.80) than climbs again to 5.7
2.July 2010 (Docetaxol + predisolone) 4 infusions
3 weeks a part (PSA at beginning 5.7 and drops to
0.70)
When chemo was seen to not work he staid with no treatment (only the Eligard shot) for a year where his PSA went to 20.8 and started Zytiga.

Hi
After Taxotere there are other treatments available right now such as salvestrols.
I started Zytiga and predisone a few weeks ago. The predisone has spiffy side effects such as hard to sleep through the night, but those can be eased with fairly simple solutions such as red wine and melatonin, or Ibrubrofen.
Their is at least two threads that talk about predisone. From the Zytiga - seems to me no side effects I have noticed. One potential is the Zytiga can affect the liver, but that is something which I've had checked via blood work as part of the treatment. From what I gather, Zytiga affecting the liver is possible but fairly rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment