Friday 18 May 2012

Do I Use Abiraterone or Salvestrol ?

I had a RP over 6 yrs. ago and now my urologist wants to start me on a total androgen blockade because of the rate that my PSA is rising { current level of 1.42 }. I am 68.
Do I use Abiraterone or Salvestrol ? I have type 2 diabetes and Atrial Fib if that makes a difference in how you respond.
Also who is available to guide me as to how much to use and when best to take it etc.
I also use 4.5 mg. of low dose naltrexone { LDN }

Answer:
Abiraterone is a very powerful drug used to treat advanced prostate cancer. It is currently licenced for use to treat mCRPC which is metastatic castrate resistant prostate cancer. So unless your disease fits into that category you will not be able to receive Abiraterone.
Salvestrol Platinum can be used to treat prostate cancer even when it becomes hormone independant, and so Salvestrols work beyond Abiraterone. Here is an example of a case where this approach has been used:
Case #3. Prostate Cancer
A 74-year-old gentleman was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. Subsequently this gentleman spoke with his cousin, a university lecturer, who told him that one of his students was diagnosed with a terminal brain cancer and had recovered after taking Salvestrols. He decided to begin a course of Salvestrol supplementation taking two (350 point) Salvestrol Shield capsules per day. Six months after receiving his diagnosis his PSA level had dropped from 11 to below 1 ng/mL. The patient moved to another country which necessitated a change of doctors. At this point the patient switched Salvestrol products and began taking one (2,000 point) Salvestrol Platinum capsule three times per day after meals, to give a total supplemtation of 6000 points per day. Twelve months after receiving his diagnosis his PSA level had dropped to 0.2 ng/mL. The new doctor continued with the PSA monitoring and upon receiving a subsequent PSA test result the physician said that the PSA level received was as low as it could be and asked if the patient was sure that he had not had surgery. Given the physician’s surprise that such a result could be achieved the patient confessed to taking Salvestrols. The physician then stated that he had other patients he would like to start on Salvestrols. This patient continues to receive PSA test results at the 0.2 ng/ml level and has continues to take one (350 point) Salvestrol Shield capsule per day as a preventative measure, and has now embarked on a fitness program and change in diet.


Fri Feb 10, 2012
First of all thanks for taking the time out of your very busy schedule to educate me. I have decided to begin Salvestrol Therapy ASAP. I will call Acquired Intelligence Inc. today to place my order. Are there enabling supplements that will work synergistically with Salvestrol Platinum ?
My plan is to use the Navvaro Clinic Urine Test to establish a baseline and then to retest after a period of SP use to measure progress. I will also have my PSA tested once in a while. Does this make sense to you. I am fortunate to be able to work closely with an MD who practices complimentary medicine.
Warmest regards,
Don C Waterloo Ontario Canada

Dear Don, here are the responses to your questions.
For maximum effect the salvestrol supplements are taken 3 times a day with meals. It is advised to take the capsules just after a meal for best absorption.
In USA/Canada Salvestrol Platinum contains 1000 points.
In UK/Europe Salvestrol Platinum contains 2000 points
Dosage:
USA/Canada: Take 2 capsules of salvestrol platinum 3 times daily
UK/Europe: Take 1 capsule of salvestrol platinum 3 times daily
It is wise to carry on with PSA monitoring whilst you are on Salvetrol therapy. However do not be surprised if the PSA initally increases in the first month before eventually going down. PSA is an indirect marker of the cancer and often increase initially with any treatment of prostate cancer.

Don asked the question "Are there enabling supplements that will work synergistically with Salvestrol Platinum ?"
The answer is yes, and these are
Biotin
Niacin
Magnesium
Biotin increases the expression levels of the beta salvestrol activase enzyme CYP1B1. Niacin and Magnesium are co-factors needed by the P450 reductase which enables the salvestrol activase to work efficiently.
Biotin is only needed in very small amounts typically 10 ug.
Niacin is available in multivitamin tablets, so a good multivitamin may provide all the co-factors needed.
Having said this I know of people who have recovered from cancer just by taking the salvestrol supplements without needing any other supplements.

I was diagnosed with high-grade (gleason 10) prostate cancer with mets to L5 vertabrae 3-1/2 years ago.  I have been on Lupron and Casodex.  I reached 0.5 nadir and it held steady for about 2-1/2 years.  My PSA has been climbing for the past year...very slowly at about 0.1/month.  Although the PSA value is still low, I understand that high-grade cancers don't produce much PSA. 
I also see a very reputable naturopathic oncologist, Dan Rubin, where I receive I/V vitamin C plus a few other supplements via capsules.
My medical oncologist is recommending abiraterone as the next drug after the Lupron and Casodex stopped working.
I heard about Salvestrol about 6 months ago and took the product for about 4 months.  I started with (5) 1000-point capsules/day, but my PSA continued to climb.  Through emails with Acquired Intelligence, I was instructed to double the dosage to (10) 1000-point capsules/day.  Had a PSA test one month later and the PSA still increased...up 0.1, just like before.  I haven't added Biotin to my protocol, but the other supplements are covered by a multi-vitamin.  I also see a very reputable naturapathic oncologist, Dan Rubin, where I receive I/V vitamin C plus a few other supplements via capsules.
I read recently on this blog that sometimes it could take up to a year for the Salvestrol to work completely...maybe I was over-optimistic about the effect of Salvestrol and probably too impatient after reading the Case Studies using Salvestrol.
Given my high grade of cancer, do you think Salvestrol will work for me and if so, when should I see a response (PSA?)? 

Answer:
There seems to be 2 types of responders to salvestrol therapy, fast responders and slow responders. The fast responders typically see their tumours shrink to half their size within 1 months are are all clear by 3 months. The slow responders may not show signs of response until after several months and may need a year before real signs of improvements are seen.
The PSA levels can be misleading since the PSA is an indirect marker of prostate cancer. Basically it measures the cellular debris from the prostate cancer cells in the bloodstream. However, when undergoing therapy for prostate cancer the PSA will go up before it comes down. This is because the dead tumour cells debris enters the bloodstream as the tumour is dying. So the more prostate tumours dying the more cellular dbris enters the bloodstream so the more the PSA increases. Only after several months will the PSA then start to decline as less tumours are being destroyed.
The salvestrols should be effective at a dose of 2 capsules of Salvestrol Platinum (1000 point) capsules, 3 times daily, taken shortly after meals. For optimum absorption it is best to take these just after youve eaten. The dose can be increased to 4 capsules, 3 times daily, for maximum effect.
I am pleased to hear your medical oncologist is recommending abiraterone. Have a look at my discussions on the new prostate cancer infolink about the optimum dose of abiraterone by searching on "Abiraterone Dose". You could be the first person to be on Abiraterone and Salvestrols. This would be a very interesting approach since you would be attacking the cancer from 2 different angles both of which are synergistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment