Monday 7 May 2012

Zytiga Succeeds When Chemo Had Failed

Journey with Prostate Cancer

My name is Paul Simpson. I have posted on this site before but I would like to update. I was diagnosed 2yrs 8 months ago with Stage 4, Gleason 9, metatastic prostate cancer to my bones. Initial psa was 1200. Went on Lupron, lasted 8 months. Then Oncologist took over, went on Zometa for my bones and chemo. First Taxotere, then Jevtana (Cabazitaxel). May of 2011, it was determined that both chemos had failed. My psa was 1567. Zytiga had just come on the market, I went on it July 2011 with beginning psa of 1567. Now in May of 2012 my psa is 7.7. Zytiga has really worked for me and is continuing to work. If anyone has any questions concerning my journey with it and what I have learned I am more than happy to tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment