Saturday 19 May 2012

Is Lower Back Pain a Side Effect of Zytiga ?


Has anyone experienced severe lower back pain?
Anonymous said...
Well. I have mild lower back pain and have had since starting ketoconazole + prednisone (over three years).
However, my neurologist insists it's a result of mild arthritis. I experience it only when I exert myself:
standing long periods, raking, bending over, etc.
Anonymous said...
I have been on Zytiga for a month now. I have severe pain in my lower back sometimes, and also in my upper legs. Has anyone else had this? I'm barely able to function because of the pain medications I have to take and still have breakthrough pain.
Anonymous said...
My dad had the same symptoms. He did feel very bad and had a lot of back pain. After ca. a week of taking Zytiga, the pain improved. Now he is taking the pills for about a month - he is pain free. But the best news is, his PSA-level lowered from 1230 to 268. Isn't that amazing? His well-being is getting better by the day. Amazing drug. So everybody out there with severe back pain - hang in there. It will get better. We are so grateful for that breakthrough for men with advanced prostate cancer. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Cornelia (09/13/2011)
David Rothschild said...
After one month on Zytiga my PSA jumped from 12.8 to 17.1 Has anyone else experienced a rise in PSA upon starting abiraterone? I am going to take it for another month and hope for the best!


Anonymous said...
I have had a long fight with prostate cancer. It started 2 years ago with a high PSA number. I am on Lupron now and have had radiation along with chemo.
This past June I could hardly do normal functions, in fact I thought I was on my last leg. After getting put on Zytiga I began to recover within a week. After a month I feel as if my biological clock has been turned back 20 years and feel the best I have since this nasty disease started. The first couple months my PSA did rise but then took a steep drop back to 1. I am not experiencing any side effects except the intense hot flashes but then again I think the Lupron is doing that. Thanks to Zytiga I continue to live a very normal active life.
Anonymous said...
I was diagonsed 29 months ago with a psa of 1200 and metatasis to my bones. I was immediately put on Lupron which worked well for 9 months and then psa started rising and turmors grew and spread to more bones. Oncologist took over and went on first chemo Taxotere and then Jevtana. Both failed, psa climbed to 1567. June 2011 went on Zytiga, and psa is now down to 14 and I have been doing well. Had some liver problems, now over, and potasium, getting better. Zytiga has worked for me.

2 comments:

  1. My father is feeling intense and severe back pain in the pelvic area and now to the middle back. He has been on Zytiga for approximately 3 weeks now and currently is still in pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samtgemeinde Sögel Nice post. I learn something more challenging on distinct blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content off their writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d choose to use some with all the content in my small weblog whether you do not mind. Natually I’ll provide a link on your own internet weblog. Many thanks sharing.

    ReplyDelete